Work Conditioning is a program designed to rehabilitate an injured worker and includes strengthening, endurance training and work simulation with a goal of return to work.
How we determine an appropriate candidate for a Work Conditioning program?
- RISK – is the patient at risk of re-injury or causing injury to co-workers?
- CAPACITY – can the patient meet the minimum job requirements?
- TOLERANCE – what is the patients’ ability to perform tasks with pain, subjective complains?
AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Work Ability and Return to Work
Our Work Conditioning program features:
- Conditioning up to 4 hours/day and 3-5 days/week
- Typical program duration is 2-4 weeks
- Program may involve a job site visit and/or equipment from the employer to use in the clinic for work simulation
- Focus on the work-related injury and improving the employee’s ability to perform the essential functions of their job safely
- Communication with case manager/physician/carrier a minimum of 1x/week including:
- Client performance, sincerity of effort, discharge planning
- Professional opinion regarding clients ability to return to work and when
Work & Industry Services