Vestibular disorders may be caused by dysfunction and/or damage to the inner ear, accidents resulting in neck involvement, age related changes or brain disorders. Some types may have no identifiable cause.
Symptoms of Vestibular Disorders May Include:
- Dizziness/vertigo, or a sensation of whirling, spinning or floating when you are actually standing or sitting still
- Lightheadedness accompanied by the feeling you might faint
- Poor balance control or lack of coordination that makes you prone to stumbling and falling
- Oscillopsia (severe visual blurring when you move your head side to side)
- Headaches, nausea and vomiting
Treatment may consist of exercise for postural awareness, balance training and oculomotor training. DPTI specializes in the management of the following vestibular disorders:
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo
- Cervicogenic vertigo
- Meniere’s disease
- Perilymph fistula
- Gait/balance dysfunction
- Symptoms due to neurologic disorders
The experienced staff at DPTI offer individual education and treatment of most vestibular vertigo disorders. We also have convenient scheduling for days and weekends and access to appointments in 24 hours upon referral. Call us today at 1-855-5DRAYER.