The weight management exercise program (WMEP) at Drayer Physical Therapy Institute© (DPTI) is supported by principles of in-depth patient education, exercise instruction and teaching healthier lifestyle choices. Developed to give you the motivation, education and support necessary to implementing long-term changes to your health, our weight management services offer the following benefits:
- BMI and fat percentage measurements
- Development of a weight management exercise program that targets functional limitations associated with your existing health problems
- Ongoing support options for those who have completed their prescribed WMEP
- Monitored exercise intensities by a trained clinician
Obesity negatively affects your musculoskeletal system by placing excessive stress on all joints. Chronic low back pain, joint pain and other functional limitations are just a few health issues arising from being overweight. Addressing obesity from the onset of treatment is a necessary aspect of any comprehensive weight management physical therapy program.
What Can Our Weight Management Exercise Program Do For You?
- Reduce joint stress, leading to decreased arthritic pain
- Improve circulation throughout your body to help minimize inflammation and pain
- Improve recovery outcomes of hip and knee replacements
- Improve control of diabetes, hypertension and sleep apnea
- Decrease your risk of having a heart attack or stroke
- Increase your energy level while improving your self-esteem and confidence
Common diagnoses seen for Weight Management include:
- Ambulation dysfunction, difficulty walking
- Generalized weakness
- Low back pain
For your convenience, we have scheduling opportunities during evening, weekend and holiday hours as well as flexibility with all insurances. Call DPTI today to learn more about our weight management exercise program — 1-855-5DRAYER.